PDA

View Full Version : Thunder in the Glens hotel prices up by around £100!

The Guv
19-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Just phoned to book us both into the Aviemore Inn for the 3 nights and they're wanting £350!!!

We're getting screwed folks.

lochty
19-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Strange....when I booked first week in December, they said that prices wouldn't be agreed 'til mid January

Nookster
19-12-2014, 08:36 PM
just heard prices still being negotiated.. I'd wait out :-)

The Guv
20-12-2014, 11:02 AM
I didn't book it at that price, hopefully we'll all get a better deal but I did get the impression that this was the rally rate.

The Guv
12-01-2015, 09:25 AM
Yes, I was right, the rates are on the website now and it's the same as I was quoted.
The lack of bar staff and higher drink prices last year, and now the jump in the hotel prices. They're screwing us.

Road King #1
12-01-2015, 10:24 PM
Supplementing the McDonald hotels for the rest of the year…. people will stop coming if the carry on like this!

Yes, I was right, the rates are on the website now and it's the same as I was quoted.
The lack of bar staff and higher drink prices last year, and now the jump in the hotel prices. They're screwing us.

jim-ROI
14-01-2015, 12:39 AM
How much were youse charged last year?. We stayed at the inn last year can't remember how much
Is it not just annual price increases......

Not to go on a Tangent this year I paid the same as last year on me insurance first Time ever that's happened

Jim

The Guv
14-01-2015, 10:57 AM
It was £252 last year for three nights in the Aviemore Inn. They want £350 this year, a rise of almost £100 as it says in the title of this thread. It's not just an annual increase, they realise they've got us over a barrel and can charge what they want.

The Guv
14-01-2015, 02:58 PM
Well I've gone ahead and booked up anyway, £330 for three nights in the Strathspey. I looked about for an alternative but the whole of Aviemore seems all booked up already as you'd expect.

jim-ROI
14-01-2015, 06:10 PM
That is a fair Hike...
When I booked the inn was full, was informed it is being refurbed just now and will be coming back on as a four star,
which will be a piss take as I can't see how they can increase the size of the current room.
So imagine 2016s price. For A coat of paint and a few runs of silicon..
Rumour has it the newly named strathspey is being consigned to the rubble heap., No doubt to put in a larger offering at four star shotgun in your face prices!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand as Harley Enthusiasts we will be some of the best accommodated in Scotland.......
Doesn't your Heart just swell with joy at the thought I ride a Harley and I'm keeping up with the Marque

Alll said and done..
Done by McDonald's being the operative.....

It is a really chilled out Weekend.

And all Credit to the Crew who Set it up and take it Down.....

Hey it could be a "HARLEY DAVIDSON EMPIRE"...... "CONTROLLED"....Run..GIG..
IMAGINE the prices and restrictions

RamDez
17-01-2015, 02:03 PM
the big issue that I have with McDonald's and their pricing is that its "per person"! most places I know it works as per room.

Vtwin
17-01-2015, 10:48 PM
We have a holiday house up there and have done for quite a few years, so the incredible costs and increases don't affect us.....thankfully!... ;)

june the prune
18-01-2015, 08:35 AM
We have a holiday house up there and have done for quite a few years, so the incredible costs and increases don't affect us.....thankfully!... ;)

Same here Joe.

The - Troublemaker
06-02-2015, 05:21 AM
£55 per night at Cairngorm same as last year!:cool:

The Guv
06-02-2015, 12:57 PM
Yeah, the Strathspey is also £55 per night but that's per person so it's £110 times 3 nights for us, £330. For a bike rally! I know camping is free but we're not going back to that.
There was a lot of debate at the AGM about the rising hotel costs. We'll wait and see what happens for next year.

RamDez
07-02-2015, 09:58 AM
On FaceCrap Richard ...

Stuart Dunedin Chapter Scotland (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008953963122&fref=ufi) I've listened and read all your comments and a meeting is being arranged with George, Alex and myself with Macdonalds and the Aviemore Business Association to discuss accommodation costs.

The Guv
07-02-2015, 10:06 AM
On FaceCrap Richard ...

Stuart Dunedin Chapter Scotland (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008953963122&fref=ufi) I've listened and read all your comments and a meeting is being arranged with George, Alex and myself with Macdonalds and the Aviemore Business Association to discuss accommodation costs.

Good news!

The Guv
08-02-2015, 05:28 PM
On FaceCrap Richard ...

Whereabouts on Facebook is that Dez? I've just joined it because of the Editor position but all I can see is mostly drivel.

The Don
08-02-2015, 05:58 PM
the big issue that I have with McDonald's and their pricing is that its "per person"! most places I know it works as per room.

"per person" is clever presentation camouflage; because the price has been hiked and they are attempting to alter perception. A rose by any other name is still a rose.

jim-ROI
09-02-2015, 09:21 AM
"per person" is clever presentation camouflage; because the price has been hiked and they are attempting to alter perception. A rose by any other name is still a rose.

Don

It's always been per person,
Doesn't matter how they dress it up,they have us over a barrel it's a great gig and they know as long as Thunder is there it's a sell out.
There ain't another venue with that amount of accommodation available for the chapter to say we are off else where until McDonald's play a fair game I'm not for one moment siding with Mac jack up the rates,,,,,,
Just a realist......it would be nice to have an alternative. Then watch them come sprinting to the table
The month of August ain't and never will be a sell out in aviemore..
At least theywill talk......and tell us what we want to hear......with a bit of luck hold the rates for the next 5 years and I've type that last sentence with a straight face LOL

RamDez
12-02-2015, 11:03 PM
Whereabouts on Facebook is that Dez? I've just joined it because of the Editor position but all I can see is mostly drivel.

Hi Richard, just back from my working travels mate.

Its on the directors facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/613297825465712/

The Guv
13-02-2015, 11:52 AM
I can find the page I just can't find that comment amongst all the other stuff. I don't know how to do the Facebook thing properly yet.

RamDez
14-02-2015, 12:46 PM
I think you need to ask to join that page mate. then you will see the coments

bobbertandsammy
01-03-2015, 11:17 AM
Yep its a bike hike, I paid £155 last year for the academy and this year they want near £300 off me. I'm no going, can't camp due to injury and just can't afford £300 for rally accommodation. Haven't missed one since the camping was up at the village football pitch but its just too big a jump this time.

kevinmb
31-03-2015, 08:17 PM
Aye its a rip off as Jim says we are a captive audience with 2 choices take it or leave it. The whole village is at it including the petrol guy.. My wife checked on booking.com and both the week before and the week after TITG was at least 75quid cheaper. Mad dog had no idea about the pricing at the AGM cos he thought it was cheaper on the thunder weekend. So much for a Chapter negotiated Rate .

Alan
03-04-2015, 03:56 PM
Time to look elsewhere.

kevinmb
08-04-2015, 07:08 PM
Time to look elsewhere.

Aye definately but getting somewhere up to the job is very difficult