PDA

View Full Version : Taken it off road

jim-ROI
07-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Bummer they av started saltin the roads here the weekend thats it sportys gone to the shed get the stainless polished an a few other tweaks here n there, no SORN so it may get another run here n there?<br>back on the push bike for work 3 half minutes stead o the 6 usin the short cuts n scarin the car drivers Sh.....tless jumpin off the kerbs HEE HEE
jim

RamDez
07-11-2011, 10:18 PM
aye, I was out last night and they were salting like there was no tomorrow. Yikes!

Modo
08-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Makes you want to weep.Speaking with the editor of Thunder Roads magazine in Oklahoma (for whom i have just done a piece) and ther still have great weather and riding.
Modo

robert-boyd
09-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Likewise in my area. thats my sporty off the road for the winter and going into it's vacuum bag after a clean.

Crow
09-11-2011, 04:43 PM
6 days of frost in a row with no salt. Plus 9 degrees this morning and loads on the road. Highland council, expect the unexpected.

Vtwin
10-11-2011, 12:23 AM
Aye, looks like winters upon us......:|

ROAD RUNNER
10-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Mines is away for winter as well.

Vtwin
10-11-2011, 08:19 PM
That's the hot, soapy, foamy wash, rinse and dry completed tonight......:rolleyes:

...first chance I had fae the ride to Grangemouth chapter meeting on Sunday...:|

...will be lucky to get out now, me thinks, afore the salt is blootered all over the place...:(

astrozombie1971
13-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Giving mine the big clean and polish this week. Got a vacbag ordered so once that arrives its sleepy time for mine. Roll on spring.

truds
15-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Fippin typical. Just ordered my new bike and probably won't be able to get out on it until next season. Oh well, something to look forward to I suppose

TAZZ
15-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Fippin typical. Just ordered my new bike and probably won't be able to get out on it until next season. Oh well, something to look forward to I suppose
Wot you getting Trud's :)

Vtwin
16-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Wot you getting Trud's :)

...yes, don't keep us in suspenders...!!!

...no seen a female 'Glide' rider yet...:eek:

truds
16-11-2011, 08:46 AM
A glide isn't on the cards. Can't reach the controls on any of the smaller bikes, let alone the glide.

Going for the new 2012 Night rod special in sedona orange. Should arrive this week but have to get a few bits added - backrest and rack etc. Also having to reduce the reach to my foot controls by around 4.5" so I can reach them. Please don't laugh out too loudly. :D:o

RamDez
16-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Truds has got a new bike ... Truds has got a new bike :D :D Well done lass :) its a great looking bike, far better than the vespa's most of them ride ;)

biganblue
16-11-2011, 07:05 PM

Same here Truds......I've got a whopping 48 miles on my new lump! :cool:

jim-ROI
16-11-2011, 07:44 PM
its a great looking bike, far better than the vespa's most of them ride ;)

aye an we r not suppose to ............................
other users of the forum
big yin

biganblue
17-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Its his forum......he can do what he wants....oooohhhhh yeeessss :p:p

Herbie
17-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Giving mine the big clean and polish this week. Got a vacbag ordered so once that arrives its sleepy time for mine. Roll on spring.
Wots a vacbag never heard of that. I dont have power in my garage and its a bit open so I get lots of condensation on my bike so that sounds promising, tell me more.

TAZZ
17-11-2011, 10:19 PM
A glide isn't on the cards. Can't reach the controls on any of the smaller bikes, let alone the glide.

Going for the new 2012 Night rod special in sedona orange. Should arrive this week but have to get a few bits added - backrest and rack etc. Also having to reduce the reach to my foot controls by around 4.5" so I can reach them. Please don't laugh out too loudly. :D:o
Nice ride Trud's ;)

jim-ROI
17-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Its his forum......he can do what he wants....oooohhhhh yeeessss :p:p
ya ya thats it bigan pick on the litte fella you stick your heid up an abody wants a shot
hes a very nice man aahh the same lol
jim

RamDez
18-11-2011, 09:53 AM
LOL, and you have a great looking bike Jim ................. for a vespa ;) :D

Rockin
18-11-2011, 02:07 PM

Ohhh check you out chick! - can't wait to see it and be green with envy!!

astrozombie1971
22-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Wots a vacbag never heard of that. I dont have power in my garage and its a bit open so I get lots of condensation on my bike so that sounds promising, tell me more.
Heres the link. Looks and sounds ideal. And for the price its worth giving it a go I thought.
http://www.vac-bags.co.uk/

Herbie
22-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Heres the link. Looks and sounds ideal. And for the price its worth giving it a go I thought.
http://www.vac-bags.co.uk/
Thanks, ah'm gonna have a go with that. Take it a bit of care needed with the surface bike to be parked on and sharp edges an issue. Imagine the sidestand gonna be problematic.

truds
23-11-2011, 08:33 AM
I know a guy in West Calder who vac packs his Harley every year. Says it is fantastic.

astrozombie1971
23-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Thanks, ah'm gonna have a go with that. Take it a bit of care needed with the surface bike to be parked on and sharp edges an issue. Imagine the sidestand gonna be problematic.
Im going to use one of those plastic puc things and maybe some bubble wrap on the more pointy parts like mirrors and levers.

june the prune
23-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Nice one truds. Post some photos of the new bike when you get it please. It sounds Lovely