PDA

View Full Version : The Gathering 2012

RamDez
20-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Hi all

I ampleased to inform all at Clyde Valley Chapter that we have booked DrimsynieEstate Lochgoilhead again next year as being the venue to host

TheGathering 2012,
The datesare 15th 18th June 2012,

We shouldhave a rally flyer ready for distribution in advance of Hog in the Bog &TITG in August of 2011,

TheGathering 2012 rally application forms and tickets will be available at 25.00pp from October 2011

Director:

WilliamCorson.

kevinmb
20-07-2011, 09:07 AM
I know it is difficult to choose a date that does not carry another event but I think the main HOG event in Europe next year will be the 21st European HOG Rally in Cascais , Portugal 14-17th June 2012 ,unfortunately Clyde Valley have managed to choose the same date :|:mad:

june the prune
20-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the info Dez. We will be going again next year as we had a great time this year.

RamDez
20-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Yikes! I was thinking about going to the European rally next year :(

kevinmb
20-07-2011, 03:25 PM

That was my plan too

Vtwin
20-07-2011, 08:15 PM

...so were we...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

...was happy to see the date didn't clash with the Irish Bike Fest, coz we missed the Gathering this year...:| ...was hoping to do both next year, but, as Kev says, it's another clash with an event we thought about attending...:|

...have to give this one some serious thought and speak to the rest of The Black Cherries about this...:cool:

TIGGGER
20-07-2011, 08:56 PM
I,ll be there again:D:D:D BUT DONT THINK I CAMP THIS TIME:eek::eek:

jigger
21-07-2011, 12:29 AM
I,ll be there again:D:D:D BUT DONT THINK I CAMP THIS TIME:eek::eek:mind yer jump leads this time tig !! :rolleyes::o:)

IainG
21-07-2011, 07:03 PM
I,ll be there again:D:D:D BUT DONT THINK I CAMP THIS TIME:eek::eek:

Aye with any luck they will make the camp site part of the Rally site and not an afterthought on the arse end of nowhere. Needed a feckin passport to get to the campsite this year ......

DavidF
31-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Jigger, would it be fair to say that Larry will be there and that he will be very happy :)

RamDez
31-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Dont want to speak for Larry but I have a feeling he will be in Portugal that week :D

Lonerider
31-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Aye with any luck they will make the camp site part of the Rally site and not an afterthought on the arse end of nowhere. Needed a feckin passport to get to the campsite this year ......

I could be wrong but I think there is NO CAMPING at Gathering 2012

IainG
31-08-2011, 11:23 PM
No - you are correct Frank - Flyer states "sorry no camping or motorhomes".

Still, they have a golf course... :|:confused:

Alan
31-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Looking forward to it, this years was brill despite having to come home early. Pity about the clash of dates with the Portugal rally though but its to soon to think about next year,or is it?

The Instigator
01-09-2011, 07:21 AM
The word on the street is Larry will be sporting his new Mankini in Portugal next year...........

jigger
03-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Jigger, would it be fair to say that Larry will be there and that he will be very happy :)

dave its with regret that ive heard a rumour that Larry and his crew might be portugal bound mate !! :eek:

gogs
04-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Thinking about going as Portugal is not an option for the better half and me. What is there in the way of accomodation or can you go as a day visitor ?

Skarecrow29
26-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Nearest Campsite is Ardgarten 10 miles the other side of the Rest and Be Thankful which would be a hell of a walk after a few pints at the All day Bar, Cheapest on site digs is a caravan for 231 for the weekend. For that money I could take my tent to Amsterdam Harley Days the weekend before. They do lovely herbal muffins there.:o

Modo
26-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Yep it definitely says no camping/caravans/motorhomes etc.so to be close you need to book on the site--cheapest is 2 bed caravan at 231 for the 3 nights--!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1.i would love to go but it makes the weekend very expensive
Modo

june the prune
27-10-2011, 06:49 AM
We had a 2 bed caravan this year and we had 4 sharing so it worked out at just over 50 each. I thought it might be a bit of a squeeze but it wasn't and the master bedroom in ours had a en-suite

Skarecrow29
28-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Was there camping at the Drumsynie Site last year? Why no camping this year?

Anyone know?

Cheers

RamDez
28-10-2011, 01:34 PM
There was camping last year but the site will not allow it from now on.

Skarecrow29
28-10-2011, 02:37 PM
That's unfortunate as I can't commit to the weekend at the moment but if there had been camping I may have taken the chance on the 25 and if I can't make it it's not a huge loss but 250 is a bit of chunk, not sure how much the accommodation deposit will be but I suspect it won't be refundable.

I was going to do the same at TITG this year (Pay on the gate and do the camping thing) but as always work seemed to get in the way of life. Looks like that won't be an option for the Gathering.

Cheers
Scott

BIG STU
02-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Was there camping at the Drumsynie Site last year? Why no camping this year?

Anyone know?

Cheers

Official line from Drimsynie is -As it is a holiday village they do not allow camping or mobile homes,touring caravans etc,last year they reluctantly allowed it for our rally but in retrospect it cost Clyde Valley more for the toilets and lights than it was worth,

With the chalets and caravans if you can get someone to share with you it makes sense do get one of them,why camp when you can get a comfy bed with all the ammenities for around 40 for the weekend.It,s a no brainer for me.

Vtwin
02-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Official line from Drimsynie is -As it is a holiday village they do not allow camping or mobile homes,touring caravans etc,last year they reluctantly allowed it for our rally but in retrospect it cost Clyde Valley more for the toilets and lights than it was worth,

With the chalets and caravans if you can get someone to share with you it makes sense do get one of them,why camp when you can get a comfy bed with all the ammenities for around 40 for the weekend.It,s a no brainer for me.

.........agreed...;)

Skarecrow29
03-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Due to the nature of me work, I can be sent abroad at short notice so I need to be able to decide at short notice weither to attend an event thats why camping at rallys is a good option for me as caravans, lodges and hotels usually need booking well in advance normally with a no-refundable deposit. It would be unfair on the others in the caravan if I pulled out at the last minute and left them to cover my share.

Maybe I'll buy a ticket any way and look at riding up from home as a day visitor and if work decide to send me way some where at least all have the T shirt.:)

Rockin
03-11-2011, 11:39 AM
All booked up.....whey hey!!! Skarecrow - a 50 deposit secures your accommodation and I am sure if you need to give it up, there will be plenty of takers....