PDA

View Full Version : wide back wheel kit

kevinmb
01-12-2009, 02:23 PM
has any one attemted or fitted a wide back wheel kit to their sporty and if they have were there any problems encountered and where was it bought from. I see many web sites on the net offering them up to 200mm still using a belt drive and anything wider using chain final drive I can imagine the exhaust would be 1 problem as a standard one would conflict with the wider swing arm. Some kits have an outrigger bearing on the drive pulley ,which I think is a good idea seing that the pulley will now be extended, but some dont. any ideas or experience of any kind from the forum members much appreciated

Vtwin
01-12-2009, 02:38 PM
has any one attemted or fitted a wide back wheel kit to their sporty and if they have were there any problems encountered and where was it bought from. I see many web sites on the net offering them up to 200mm still using a belt drive and anything wider using chain final drive I can imagine the exhaust would be 1 problem as a standard one would conflict with the wider swing arm. Some kits have an outrigger bearing on the drive pulley ,which I think is a good idea seing that the pulley will now be extended, but some dont. any ideas or experience of any kind from the forum members much appreciated

Not me Kev, have you tried this site? :)

http://www.cas4.com/Wide-Tire/230-xl-kit-03.htm

kevinmb
01-12-2009, 07:38 PM
thanks Joe i had a quick look on there a few month ago and couldnt find the site again the step by step bit is perfect

kevinmb
02-12-2009, 09:56 PM
I think it wid take a bit of courage when you have to take a hacksaw to the fender struts fek measure twice cut once