PDA

View Full Version : Smallish number plates...

Rosco
08-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Hi Guys,

Can oany body tell mae whir a can get a non standard size number plate made
apart fae suppliers oan the intirnet.Lookin fir as close tae Cowdenbeath as poss.

Thanx fir yir help,

Rosco
Fae the Kingdom.

Graceharley
08-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Only guessing, but try Essport Car Accessories on Baldgridgeburn Dunfermline -tel 01383 735641, or Scott Murray Motorcycles

Monster
08-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Rosco min!
Use proper glue to stick yir plate oan, instead O' "Chewnie"! ;o)
Se ya the moarn!

cammy5477
08-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Hi Guys,

Can oany body tell mae whir a can get a non standard size number plate made
apart fae suppliers oan the intirnet.Lookin fir as close tae Cowdenbeath as poss.

Thanx fir yir help,

Rosco
Fae the Kingdom.

dont they have the internet in cowdenbeath? LOL
seriously though the best place IS myshowplates.com
any size in reason ,any design etc delivered to your door in 4 days.
take a look bro

Bat
08-08-2009, 05:48 PM
+1 on the myshowplates website - great service

Rosco
08-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Thanx fir yir effirtz so far,tried the wanz in Dunfermlin,they dinnae dae
onythin illeagle,soondz aboot richt.

is fir the internet thingy,we got that ages ago,but it diznae half go through the coal,hiv tae keep the boiler stoked up so we can get 8 o` they meg things.

Ordered a plate oan Thursday, but the possible nock on effect fae the postal
strike, ah micht no get it tae Wednesday,

So U can see why a wiz wantin sumdae local ya galoots.

Rosco
Fae the Kingdom.

The - Troublemaker
08-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Hi m8, my pal does plates, let me know what u need and l can get it for u
cheers Paul

banquo
08-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Just FYI, Tayside Polis were sitting at Broxden the other night, pulling all bikes, and handing out tickets for anything that was even slightly undersize. One of our Perth guys got a 60 ticket, and his plate was perfectly visible, and not one of those fag packet jobs.
Previously, they've given warnings, but this was an automatic ticket job.
Your choice, but maybe better steer clear of Tayside....:mad:

Inveraray Bob
11-08-2009, 05:50 PM
I just heard about a lassie who had just got her Sporty, got done in the coop carpark in Lochgilphead. The cop waited until she came out of the shop, told her the plate was illegal and made her wait for another officer to arrive to issue a 60 quid fine. No excuses accepted. Makes you think whit's next on the agenda.

Inveraray Bob.

Mr Sheen
11-08-2009, 06:00 PM
I just heard about a lassie who had just got her Sporty, got done in the coop carpark in Lochgilphead. The cop waited until she came out of the shop, told her the plate was illegal and made her wait for another officer to arrive to issue a 60 quid fine. No excuses accepted. Makes you think whit's next on the agenda.

Inveraray Bob.

just showes you that the crime in that area must be non existant bored polis with nothing to do are pests:(

Bat
11-08-2009, 08:07 PM
A couple years ago a few CVH guys were done on the way up to the Faskally BBQ - when asked the Police officers apologised and told them that their boss had told them to target small plates on bikes!!! - Sounds like cash generators to me!!!

And who was it got done with a plate fitted by the Dunedin dealer, mind you dealer paid fine!

RamDez
11-08-2009, 08:21 PM
just remember that whatever plate you get, it must have the manufacturers name and number on it or they can STILL fine you.

Atreides
11-08-2009, 10:26 PM
just remember that whatever plate you get, it must have the manufacturers name and number on it or they can STILL fine you.

Like the ooodles of chrome and big noise and a shiny badge on the tank isn't enough to inform the polis that it's a Harley. Obviously they need all the help they can get.

Life would be boring with out all of the fines anyway. I paid 90 is parking tickets today. Oh and was carged 1.6% for the joy of paying online. I love Aberdeen.

Is there anything that isn't against the law in this fine land?

Don't say sheep rustling, it's still a bylaw in Aberdeen you know :D

:off topic: there are a few 'show plate' companies working out in the channel islands. Google search will find them. You won't have to produce V5 etc. But to be honest, it's an easy way to get unwanted attention... says he with boom boom exhausts that quite likely wake the dead :)

banquo
12-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Like the ooodles of chrome and big noise and a shiny badge on the tank isn't enough to inform the polis that it's a Harley. :)

It's the supplier of the plate, not the bike manufacturer. So they can prosecute for supplying illegal plates....:(

The - Troublemaker
13-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Like the ooodles of chrome and big noise and a shiny badge on the tank isn't enough to inform the polis that it's a Harley. Obviously they need all the help they can get.

Life would be boring with out all of the fines anyway. I paid 90 is parking tickets today. Oh and was carged 1.6% for the joy of paying online. I love Aberdeen.

Is there anything that isn't against the law in this fine land?

Don't say sheep rustling, it's still a bylaw in Aberdeen you know :D

:off topic: there are a few 'show plate' companies working out in the channel islands. Google search will find them. You won't have to produce V5 etc. But to be honest, it's an easy way to get unwanted attention... says he with boom boom exhausts that quite likely wake the dead :)

I can supply plates any size as my m8 has a graphic, sign business, don't need to produce yer V5 ;):D

cheers Paul

IainG
20-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Very interesting feature in the latest American V magazine about new powers that came into effect in June 09 where the police can report your non conforming licence plate to the DVLA and their ability to de-register your registration number .....
Follow the link below to get the full story ..... cos if you are running with a non standard plate then it will be worth knowing the potential implications. :rolleyes:

http://issuu.com/american-v/docs/amv.36.preview/6

Bat
20-08-2009, 07:13 PM
No offense to any polis but its like their bosses don't want them to chase real criminals.

Lonerider
20-08-2009, 09:57 PM
If getting stopped by the polis is going to upset you stay legal otherwise take it on the chin and pay up. You won't beat the system.
Lonerider

Bute Bagger
21-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Certainly in Strathlyde police area you can thank Mr House the new Cheif Constable , instating league tables as a performance indicator of an officers efficiency :-((( . Argyll seems to be getting more and more fresh faced young impressionable probationers who just live for issuing fixed penalties for all manner of crap offences that would normally be dealt with by a friendly word in your shell like . And they call it progress , makes you ashamed to be a member of this organisation at times :| ....... Bert.

Lonerider
12-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Or a Post Code and BSI number (I like Police HQ Post Codes doesn't tax there minds too much ;))
Regards

Herbie
12-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Hi Rosco, I recently put a new no. plate on my Heritage. Advertised as small legal motorcycle plate 7"x5" 14.49
free postage from www.no1showplates.co.uk (http://www.no1showplates.co.uk) tel 0845 257 4036 delivered the very next day. Great service.
They can custom make your plate to any size. No need for your V5.
Watch this space for a definitive update on m/c plate legislation.

Herbie
12-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Or a Post Code and BSI number (I like Police HQ Post Codes doesn't tax there minds too much ;))
Regards
Got to bring you up to speed Lonerider no such thing as Police HQ or Police Stations apparently the term for them now are 'Response Hubs' seriously ah'm no makin it up.

The Instigator
13-04-2011, 07:21 AM
If you apply these guidelines set out by the DVLA you can set the size of your plate.

A 7 digit reg works out @

W 182mm X H 158mm or W 7.12" X H 6.22"

Characters Motorcycles

Height 64mm

Width (except the number 1) 44mm

Stroke 10mm

Side margin 10mm

Top & bottom margin 10mm

Space between characters 10mm

Space between groups 30mm

mad mal uk
13-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Rosco I will get one knocked out here on the Beatrice for ya ha-ha

Herbie
13-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Stevie has it spot on, did a bit of light reading today and you would'nt beleive the legislation governing a wee bit o' plastic that identifies a vehicle. The guide that Stevie has given is the main reason for non conformance of questionable plates, if your characters are not of the above size and the recognised Font style then expect a fine. Guides on the use of and display of VRM can be accessed google.

Vtwin
13-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Rosco I will get one knocked out here on the Beatrice for ya ha-ha

:off topic: Hey Mal, wind turbines still turning oot there???? I did the testing on Beatrice for generation via wind power! ;)............ (was a wee while ago mind)...:off topic:

TIGGGER
13-04-2011, 08:59 PM
I can only recomend MYSHOWPLATES used them for all my regs car and bike very good service and quick to send out